Part Time Renewable Contract Position: Instructor Therapist
Launch Behavioural Health is seeking an Instructor Therapist to join our clinic in the Leslieville area of Toronto. Our team delivers evidence based, developmentally informed Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and psychological services. We serve children and youth with a variety of presenting concerns, including neurodevelopmental disabilities and behaviour challenges. We offer ongoing support and development opportunities for staff, including:
- Supervision from experts in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), including Clinical Psychologists and Board Certified Behaviour Analysts;
- Possibility of BACB supervision for individuals currently seeking certification;
- Ongoing continuing education opportunities, including workshops and journal reading groups;
- Electronic data collection system for all clients;
- Centrally located clinic close to TTC;
- Opportunities for advancement within our team.
Responsibilities for Instructor Therapist positions include:
- Delivery of ABA and psychological services in a one to one and in small group format under the supervision of our Clinical Psychologist and Board Certified Behaviour Analysts;
- Implementation of skill acquisition programs and behaviour intervention plans;
- Completion of curricular and other assessment tools (e.g., PEAK, VBMAPP, AFLS, ABLLS-R);
- Data collection;
- Communication and collaboration with team members, parents, and other professionals;
- Materials preparation.
Our ideal candidates should possess the following:
- A Degree or Diploma in Applied Behaviour Analysis, psychology, or related field;
- Excellent play-based teaching skills;
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and accept feedback and direction;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Access to a reliable means of transportation (e.g., TTC, personal vehicle);
- Experience implementing ABA and/or working with children with neurodevelopmental disabilities and/or behaviour challenges is preferred;
- Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: Carobeth Zorzos, Director of Launch Behavioural Health (email@example.com), referencing in the subject: IT Job Posting. Our active and current job postings are also posted through Indeed.
Launch Behavioural Health is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates; accommodations are available upon request. Candidates will be required to complete CPR/First-Aid after hiring. The successful candidate will be expected to provide two professional references. We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.