Full Time Salary Position: Speech-Language Pathologist
Launch Behavioural Health is a multidisciplinary clinic in Leslieville that delivers evidence based, developmentally informed Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), psychological, and speech and language services. We serve children and youth with a variety of presenting concerns, including neurodevelopmental disorders and behaviour challenges. We are seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our growing team. This position is based out of our Leslieville clinic for in person speech and language services. Community based and virtual speech and language services may be offered as well.
This role is best suited for an early career SLP who is passionate about working with children and families, eager to learn, and motivated to grow our speech and language program within Launch.
Responsibilities for Speech-Language Pathologist include:
- Completion of speech and language assessments
- Development of client treatment plans and goals, in conjunction with parents and caregivers
- Delivery of speech language services for children and youth, primarily in a one to one setting
- Monitoring and reporting client progress
- Delivery of parent coaching and education
- Supervision of Communication Disorders Assistants (CDA) or students as needed
- Collaboration with our multidisciplinary team
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration in good standing with College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Excellent play-based teaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with families and professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other neurodevelopmental disorders is preferred
- Experience with Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) is preferred
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of our clients
This role has the potential to develop into a leadership position for the right candidate. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary, generous paid vacation days, and access to a health care spending account
- Administrative support for billing and scheduling appointments
- Electronic record system for all clients
- Centrally located clinic close to TTC
- Mentorship from a Speech Language Pathologist available for new graduates
- Possibility of Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) supervision if interested in pursuing certification
- Ongoing continuing education opportunities, including workshops and journal reading groups
- Opportunities for cross training across disciplines
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Carobeth Zorzos at email@example.com referencing in the subject: SLP Posting (# LBH-SLP-7-2021) by Friday July 23rd 2021 at 5pm.
Launch Behavioural Health is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates; accommodations are available upon request. Candidates will be required to complete CPR/First-Aid and Vulnerable Sector Screen upon hiring. The successful candidate will be expected to provide two professional references. We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.