The Parent Coaching program is best suited for families who are looking to address specific goals at home or in the community. Our clinical team will train parents/caregivers to implement specific interventions based on their goals and assessment results. Goals could include, but are not limited to, working on self-help skills (e.g., independent dressing or toilet training), communication (e.g., increasing expressive communication), behaviour reduction (e.g., reducing challenging behaviours using function-based strategies), play skills (e.g., increasing independent play during free time) or social skills (e.g., initiating and sustaining interactions with peers).
What We Offer:
- Individualized treatment goals and recommendations.
- Flexibility in service intensity.
- Training and supervision from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA/BCBA-D) and/or supervision by a Registered Psychologist.
- Parent coaching offered in-person or virtually via ZoomHealth.
- Parent mediated, 1:1 client sessions, or a combination of both parent mediated and 1:1 sessions.
Commitment From Parents:
- Active participation
- Consistent implementation of the recommended strategies
- Data collection to monitor progress
In some cases, in addition to parent mediated strategies and teaching, it may be determined that 1:1 sessions with your child are required to teach them skills directly. An intake meeting (approximately 1 hour) is required to determine the type of service that is most appropriate for you and your family.