Social Skills Groups (Ages 8 - 12)
Our clinic is located at 250 Carlaw Ave., Unit 102, in the Leslieville area of Toronto.
We offer several evidence-based social skills groups for children and youth at Launch Behavioural Services. All groups are offered in-person at our clinic.
Children’s Friendship Training Social Skills Group (ages 8-12)
September 20, 2022 - December 6, 2022
Tuesdays from 5:00-6:00pm
Fee: $600 | Register by August 12, 2022
We offer social skills groups based on the Children Friendship Training program (Frankle & Myatt, 2003) for children ages 8-12. Our goal is to teach your child how to apply skills learned within the group, with peers at school, and in the community. Skills will be taught in a small-group format with 6-8 children and 1 lead instructor and an assistant instructor.
An eligibility assessment will be conducted in order to determine if your child meets the pre-requisite criteria to join the social skills group. This assessment is essential to identify if your child displays the prerequisite skills to learn within a group setting.
Our children social skills group address social functioning in several areas:
- Conversational skills
- Peer group entry
- Expanding and developing friendship networks
- Handling teasing
- Practicing good sportsmanship
- Practicing good host behaviour during playdates
What we offer:
- One 60-minute session per week, for 12 sessions
- Parent meetings via Zoom
- Curriculum based learning plan
- Opportunities to connect and interact with all children within the program
- Supervision from a BCBA, BCBA-D, or Registered Psychologist
Commitment from parents:
- Participation in homework or parent training opportunities
- Attendance at parent group meetings
- Ongoing communication about challenges, concerns or progress