Focused ABA Services
Focused Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) targets a limited number of treatment goals, generally over a short period of time. These goals can include learning new skills or reducing challenging behaviours. Parent and caregiver training is a key component of focused ABA treatment in order to successfully generalize and maintain skills in a client’s natural environment and to support family and caregivers in managing challenging behaviours (BACB 2014).
What We Offer:
- 8-16 hours of treatment per week
- 1:1 instruction
- Half-day sessions Monday through Friday (8:30-12:30pm or 12:30-4:30pm)
- Play- and activity- based teaching (learning in the natural environment)
- Focus on generalizing new skills across environments, people, and things
- Focus on skill maintenance over time
- Collaboration with other service providers and school
- Monthly team meetings
- Ongoing assessments
- Ongoing and regular supervision by a BCBA and/or BCBA-D
Commitment From Parents:
- Completion of parent homework and practice to generalize skills to home and community settings.
- Ongoing communication about challenges, concerns or progress
- On time drop off and pick up
- Provision of a snack and drink for your child daily
- Provision of extra clothes/weather appropriate clothing
For supervised psychological ABA services that may be covered under your extended health care benefits, please go to our supervised psychological ABA services page.
Contact us to schedule an Intake Assessment or to book a 15 minute tour of our Toronto clinic.