The Parent Coaching program is best suited for families who are looking to address specific goals at home or in the community. Our clinical team will train parents/caregivers to implement specific interventions based on their goals and assessment results. Parent Coaching is generally short term for 1-2 hours per week.
Goals could include, but are not limited to, working on self-help skills (e.g., independent dressing), behaviour reduction (e.g., reducing challenging behaviours using function-based strategies), play skills (e.g., increasing independent play during free time) or social skills (e.g., initiating and sustaining interactions with peers).
What We Offer:
- Individualized treatment goals and recommendations.
- Flexibility in service intensity and session times.
- Training from a Senior Therapist who will explain, model, and monitor recommended strategies with parents and their children/youth.
Commitment From Parents:
- Active participation
- Consistent implementation of the recommended strategies
- Data collection to monitor progress