Psychological and Autism Diagnostic Assessments
What is a comprehensive psychological assessment?
A comprehensive psychological assessment (including an Autism diagnostic assessment) provides in-depth information regarding your child/youth, based on data from psychometric testing and information provided by parents and other professionals involved with your child. The written report provides outlines assessment results, diagnostic considerations, referrals to applicable services, and practical suggestions on how to build upon your child/youth’s areas of strength and how to work on areas of need.
How can psychological testing help?
A comprehensive psychological assessment/Autism diagnostic assessment can be used to:
- Give detailed information regarding your child/youth’s strengths and areas of need;
- Provide suggestions on how to build upon your child/youth’s strengths and interests;
- Provide suggestions regarding how to address social, emotional, or behavioural concerns both at home and school;
- Assist in identification of your child as an Exceptional Pupil in the Identification, Placement, and Review Committee (IPRC) process at school;
- Assist in development of your child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP);
- Provide suggestions on what learning strategies, accommodations, or modifications would be appropriate for your child at school;
- Provide documentation of a diagnosis for access to support services or benefits, as appropriate (ex: Ontario Autism Program, Special Services at Home, Disability Tax Credit).
Where is the assessment located?
Assessments are completed at our Toronto clinic, or in your home if required. When appropriate, observations within community settings, such as preschool or other programs can be arranged.
How much does the assessment process cost?
A flat fee is charged for the entire assessment, which includes all appointments, report writing, travel, and feedback meeting. Some or all of the assessment costs may be covered under extended health benefits.
For adults interested in completing psychological assessment, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, please click here to access through Dalton Associates.