Ready, Set, Launch! Early Intervention Program
Ready, Set, Launch! is an individualized, early intervention program targeting academic literacy, pre-academic skills, communication, self-management and social skills to prepare your child for kindergarten or Grade 1. Ready, Set, Launch! is completed under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist and BCBA-D.
Our objective is to introduce your child to a small group learning environment while providing additional support using Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to develop readiness skills required for Kindergarten or Grade 1.
The Ready, Set, Launch! is suited for any child ages 2.5 to 5 who require additional support. Children are not required to have a diagnosis, but may present with delays in development, language, or social skills. Children with a diagnosis of Autism or those at risk or with suspected Autism would benefit from the program.
What We Offer:
- Five 3-hour sessions per week
- Enrollment in the morning or afternoon program (8:45-11:45am or 12:30-3:30pm)
- Three terms per year (September – December, January – April, May – August)
- Small class sizes with 1:2 support
- Small group and 1:1 instruction
- An initial assessment and subsequent assessments each term
- Progress reports at the end of each term
- Individual parent update meetings at the end of each term
- Ontario Curriculum derived learning plan, activities and themes
- Program supervision by a Registered Psychologist, BCBA-D and a BCBA
Commitment From Parents:
- Commitment to parent homework and practice to generalize skills to home and community settings.
- Ongoing communication about challenges, concerns or progress
- On time drop off and pick up
- Provision of a snack and drink for your child daily
- Provision of extra clothes/weather-appropriate clothing
An eligibility assessment will be conducted in order to determine if your child meets the pre-requisite criteria to join the Ready, Set, Launch! Early Intervention Program. This assessment is essential to identify if your child displays the prerequisite skills to learn within a group setting. These prerequisite skills include safety, communication, receptive language (ability to follow instructions), self-help and social skill components. The eligibility assessment involves a 30-minute observation visit with the Senior Therapist. Once the assessment is completed, our clinical team will review the results to determine if your child meets the criteria to join the program. If your child does not quite meet criteria, we can discuss next steps to work toward this goal.
Contact us to discuss the Ready Set Launch! Early Intervention Program or to book a 15 minute tour of our Toronto clinic.