Ready, Set, Potty Time
Our program supports parents in toilet training their child using an intensive toilet training program based Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) principles. The Senior Therapist will explain, model and assist in practicing these strategies with parents and their child.
Goals include gradually increasing the amount of time your child remains dry between toileting intervals, successfully eliminating in the toilet, and requesting to use the toilet.
This program is best suited for families who are looking to toilet train their typically developing child. Families currently receiving Focused or Comprehensive ABA treatment may target toileting within those contexts.
What We Offer:
- 1-2 hour intake meeting
- 1 hour information session to outline the treatment and rationale
- A 4-6 hour session to model and observe the intensive toileting protocol with a Lead or Senior Therapist
- Training from a Senior Therapist who will explain, model, and monitor recommended strategies with parents and their children.
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Program supervision from a Registered Psychologist
Commitment From Parents:
- Implementation and adherence to the toileting protocol
- Data collection to monitor progress