Virtual Toolkit for Families Navigating Difficult Behaviours
Target Population: This virtual group is for families with children aged 5-17 in which there is conflict between parents/children or if children are exhibiting challenging behaviours at home and consists of 5 sessions.
Dates: November 15th, 22nd, December 6th, 13th, and 20th, 2022
- 3, 1-hour group meetings for parents
- 1, 1-hour group meeting for the children
- 1, 1-hour group meeting for everyone in the family
- Comprehensive intake questionnaires to assess your family’s needs
- Summary report outlining recommendations and resources for your family
Therapist: All sessions will be provided virtually by Dr. Natalie Frost, clinical psychologist and supervised by Dr. Dan Dalton, clinical psychologist.
Topics to be discussed are drawn from Dr. Alan Kazdin's Parent Management Training and Dr. Ross Greene's Collaborative Proactive Soluations:
- Family strengths and resilience
- Observing and recording behaviours
- Reinforcement for positive behaviours
- Response to unwanted behaviours
- Collaborative problem solving
- And many more tips and strategies…